- 1 Is Benecol drinks good for lowering cholesterol?
- 2 When should I drink Benecol?
- 3 Are Benecol drinks good for you?
- 4 Does Waitrose sell Benecol?
- 5 What is the best cereal to lower your cholesterol?
- 6 Which yogurt is best for cholesterol?
- 7 Can you drink too much Benecol?
- 8 How many Benecol drinks can you have a day?
- 9 Is Benecol spread bad for you?
- 10 What are the worst foods for high cholesterol?
- 11 How long does it take for Benecol to work?
- 12 Can you drink Benecol after use by date?
- 13 Is Benecol full of sugar?
- 14 What helps bring cholesterol down?
- 15 What is Benecol spread?
Is Benecol drinks good for lowering cholesterol?
All Benecol yogurt drinks contain plant stanols which are clinically proven to lower cholesterol by up to 7 to 10% in just 3 weeks*.
When should I drink Benecol?
Benecol products should be consumed every day to get the best cholesterol lowering results and gain long term benefits. It’s important to eat Benecol products with a meal rather than on their own.
Are Benecol drinks good for you?
Benecol products are recommended for everyone who wants to lower their cholesterol levels, including those with certain cardiovascular diseases such as coronary heart disease, those with diabetes who need a little helping hand to reach their cholesterol targets, as well as adults and children with familial
Does Waitrose sell Benecol?
Benecol | Yogurts, Spreads and Bars | Waitrose & Partners.
What is the best cereal to lower your cholesterol?
1. Oats. An easy first step to lowering your cholesterol is having a bowl of oatmeal or cold oat-based cereal like Cheerios for breakfast. It gives you 1 to 2 grams of soluble fiber.
Which yogurt is best for cholesterol?
Greek yogurt has been connected to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, which can reduce your risk of heart disease.
Can you drink too much Benecol?
Scientific studies show that a daily intake of up to 9g of plant stanols per day is as safe as consuming the current recommended daily amount of 1.5-3g plant stanols per day, so you don’t need to worry, if you’ve got carried away and occasionally enjoy too many Benecol products.
How many Benecol drinks can you have a day?
Each 10g serving (that’s around 2 teaspoons) of Benecol spread provides 0.7g of plant stanols, so consume 3 servings daily (2.1g of plant stanols) to give you the desired effect, as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle, including your ‘5-a-day’.
Is Benecol spread bad for you?
Raisio claims that Benecol has no side-effects, although some studies have suggested that it lowers levels of carotenoids such as vitamin A. They say 200,000 people in Finland have eaten their product daily for three years without ill effects.
What are the worst foods for high cholesterol?
High-cholesterol foods to avoid
- Full-fat dairy. Whole milk, butter and full-fat yogurt and cheese are high in saturated fat.
- Red meat. Steak, beef roast, ribs, pork chops and ground beef tend to have high saturated fat and cholesterol content.
- Processed meat.
- Fried foods.
- Baked goods and sweets.
- Lean meat.
How long does it take for Benecol to work?
Simply eating Benecol foods each day, as part of your healthy diet and lifestyle, which includes your ‘5-a-day’ can lower your cholesterol by 7-10 % within two to three weeks, thanks to our unique active ingredient – plant stanol ester.
Can you drink Benecol after use by date?
No, we advise you to not use our Benecol foods with added plant stanols after their use or best before date. After the expiration date we cannot guarantee the same high quality standard of our products.
Is Benecol full of sugar?
There’s a Benecol yogurt for everyone, as you can choose from products with a little added sugar, no added sugar, no artificial sweeteners, and sucralose sweetener to cut down on added sugars in your diet.
What helps bring cholesterol down?
A few changes in your diet can reduce cholesterol and improve your heart health:
- Reduce saturated fats. Saturated fats, found primarily in red meat and full-fat dairy products, raise your total cholesterol.
- Eliminate trans fats.
- Eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Increase soluble fiber.
- Add whey protein.
What is Benecol spread?
That’s Benecol®. Our buttery spreads – and now our mouth-watering Soft Chews – contain a plant-based ingredient that actually lowers cholesterol. Adding plant stanols each day with Benecol® Products is a healthy way to reduce your cholesterol – even if you’re already taking prescription drugs like statins.